Landmark Buildings, Popular Attractions
The Rocks, Sydney, Australia
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Sydney Hotels - Sydney Maps
- Sydney Weather - Sydney Pictures
Located on Sydney Cove opposite Sydney Opera House, The Rocks district is the focus
of visitor activity in the city. In 1778, the first convict settlement was established here,
on the sandstone rocks. There are many attractions, enough to fill an entire day.
The area contains many attractive colonial buildings, which house galleries, eateries and
inviting shops. At the weekends musical entertainment is found throughout the neighbourhood and
a bustling street market fills the main plaza.
Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Harbour Bridge is the world's largest steel arch bridge.
Sydney Opera House
- Internationally recognised architectural icon and leading performing arts venue.
Museum of Contemporary Art
- Unique collections of contemporary and Aboriginal art.
- Historical centre for astronomy, now a museum with exhibitions on the stars and city.
- Bustling with visitors on almost every day of the year, Circular Quay is a hub
for visits to Sydney's main attractions and for ferry services to other parts of
Sydney Landmarks and Districts